WAC Magazine


Issue link: http://www.wacmagazine.com/i/1134535

Contents of this Issue


Page 5 of 51

Values Leadership, Excellence, Integrity, Service & Sensitivity Vision To be the premier city athletic club in America Mission To enrich the quality of life of our members from the Chairman and President & CEO Letters BOARD OF DIRECTORS | 2018–2019 RESIDENT NON-RESIDENT BOARD OF GOVERNORS PROGRAM BOARD | 2018–2019 Michelle Abbess Shirley Beard Landry Christofferson Karen Coe Lila Hughes Jason Jenks Sarah Krueger Katie Larson Brianna McDonald Nanette Nelson Pam Nord Raymond Phillips Rich orvilson Verne Benedict Gregg Blodgett Dail Bodziony David Carlson Grace Chien Kimberlee Connell Julie Cook Miles Craigwell Maria Finlayson Brian Hayden John Hoverson Duane King Nick King Michael Kirkham Jeff Lounsberry Shawn McWashington Lisa Noji Amy Pieper John Platt Jennifer Porto Jill Scheuermann Chris Sheeks Bettina Stix Liz Wilson Tom Wolfe Roger Wylie Forrest Aldrich Tom Anderson William Burg Tom Campbell Amy Esary Tracy Garrett Peter Goldsmith Amy Pieper, Chair Adam Volkman, Vice Chair James Williams, Immediate Past Chair Washington Athletic Club - Dedicated 1930 - 6 WAC Magazine | wac.net Mark Harriman Jeff Hogan Tom Kenney Andrew Naugle Robin Sahnow Richard Small Robert Wallace Phil Abbess, Chairman pabbess@wac.net Rose Mitchell, Chairman Elect rose_bowl_@yahoo.com Rick Page, Vice Chairman rickp@officelease.com Courtney Meyer, Treasurer courtneyameyer@outlook.com Jason Hamilton, Secretary hamilton.jasond@gmail.com Doug Seto, Immediate Past Chairman dougseto@comcast.net We live in one of the most beautiful places on Earth, and summer is when Seattle and the Northwest truly shine. e longer days are perfect for aer-work and weekend excursions, and the WAC has plenty going all season. See pages 24–27 to get started. Summer is also when we close our fiscal year. As I reflect on my year as Chairman of the WAC, I'm grateful for the privilege of serving you and working with an organization full of talented professionals dedicated to making our Club the best in the country. It's also my privilege to welcome Rose Mitchell, who will serve as 2019–2020 Chairwoman, beginning August 1. I've known Rose for 20 years, and her passion for the Club will serve her and all members well. You'll learn much more about Rose and her family in the September/October issue of WAC Magazine. Have a great summer, and I'll see you at the WAC! Phil Abbess Chairman of the Board of Governors pabbess@wac.net Here we go! Warmer, lighter, more-recreational Seattle is upon us. It seems like 20 percent of the downtown population is on vacation this time of year, with the other 80 percent dreaming of getting out of town! Hope- fully, you are finding the summer vibe to your liking. e WAC is still 100 percent open, with summer-specific club events, kids camps, and warm-weather offerings in the restaurants. And the Inn at the WAC is a great place to put up your out-of-town visitors! Our team is looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit and serving you in any way possible. ank you to those who are sponsoring in new WAC members and booking events at the Club—believe it or not, it's not too early to be reserving space for the holidays. ank you also to the over 200 member leaders who are volunteering on our various committees and helping keep the WAC one of America's best private clubs! Here's to summer! @cnhuskies13 Chuck Nelson President & CEO cnelson@wac.net

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of WAC Magazine - JULY | AUGUST 2019